Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default Upgrade Campaign for Expansion?

Due to popular demand, we are pleased to announce the PlayStation®4 Upgrade Campaign has been extended!

Before: Friday, April 11, 2014 to Wednesday, December 31, 2014
    After: Friday, April 11, 2014 to Tuesday, March 31, 2015

So SE is extended ps3 user to get a ps4, personally i think its so that ps3 users can play and the enjoy the game more before expansion. because in the past SE said that ps3 wont support the expansion so im thinking March 31 may be the release date expansion and that it falls on a Tuesday doesnt help either but who knows maybe im just jumping to conclusions way too quick this just what i thought.

Thanks

Default Re: Upgrade Campaign for Expansion?

Where did they say that ps3 wont be able to support the expansion?

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Regarding future of PS3 version:
    Do you plan to continue to support the PS3 version even after the PS4 version is released?
    Y: At this moment, we've already begun work on the expansion pack, and I can tell you that at the very least the PS3 version will be supported up to that point.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...p_features_of/

It is still supported from what I know

Thanks

Awards Showcase

It would also be a bad idea to cut off everyone with a PS3 at the start of the new platfom life. The PS4 if only 1 year old now

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Step your game up Saix!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zro For This Useful Post:

Miana (12-02-2014)

Thanks

Awards Showcase

It's never been official, but they do keep shying away from actually answering the question - which makes some people believe that support will end.

In all honesty, most people on ps3 have a ton of issues already and I think it'll just be harder for them to get done what they want in the game if they keep supporting it much longer.
    But as of now - it's all speculation and a lot of unanswered questions.

Thanks

I got scared, lol because a lot of my friends play on ps3 still. They plan to upgrade to ps4 when they can afford it but that's still a ways off for them. I actually read somewhere earlier that the first expansion will support ps3 but any expansions after that its not going to be supported...which sounds a bit more understandable because like E'hosmer said, the content now is already a struggle because ps3 users are having a hard time keeping up with the pace of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Verukas View Post
    I got scared, lol because a lot of my friends play on ps3 still. They plan to upgrade to ps4 when they can afford it but that's still a ways off for them. I actually read somewhere earlier that the first expansion will support ps3 but any expansions after that its not going to be supported...which sounds a bit more understandable because like E'hosmer said, the content now is already a struggle because ps3 users are having a hard time keeping up with the pace of the game.
    They haven't provided a deadline as yet for end of PS3 support. The general consensus is that support will extend through the life of Heavensward (first expansion), and they would reevaluate leading up to the second expansion when they can look at overall PS4 adoption, new tech demands, etc. I personally could see PS3 support ending by the second expansion, but this is purely speculation.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Justina View Post
    They haven't provided a deadline as yet for end of PS3 support. The general consensus is that support will extend through the life of Heavensward (first expansion), and they would reevaluate leading up to the second expansion when they can look at overall PS4 adoption, new tech demands, etc. I personally could see PS3 support ending by the second expansion, but this is purely speculation.
    I'm pretty sure I just read this in your voice and cadence. I think it's now time that I avoid you in mumble lol.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by E'hosmer View Post
    I'm pretty sure I just read this in your voice and cadence. I think it's now time that I avoid you in mumble lol.
    It's the tip of the iceberg if you regularly raid with his smooth callouts..